- Average payout at competitive 95.5%
- Major football leagues with profitable odds
- Splendid place for darts, horse racing, and greyhounds
- Great live streaming service and a large range of live In-Play markets
- Special bets that other bookies don’t offer
- Wide range of banking methods, instant account top-up and fast withdrawals
- 24/7 customer support
- Charge for bank withdrawals
- Some events have very low limits
- Cannot use Skrill deposits for bonuses
- Large amount of information on home page can be bewildering for new users
- Don’t have competitive sports betting odds compare to other bookies
Name: William Hill
Type: Traditional bookmaker
Owner and License Holder: William Hill PLC/ WHG (International) Limited
Year established: 1934
Online Since: 1998
Head Office Address: Gibraltar 6/1 Waterport Place
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish
Country restrictions: Afghanistan, Algeria, Anguilla, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, FYROM, France, Gabon, Gambia, Greece, Greenland, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Turkey, USA, Uganda, Vanuatu
William Hill Bookmaker Profile
William Hill was founded in 1934 and has become one of the most respected and recognizable bookmakers in the industry. Referred to as “The Home of Betting,” William Hill started in the online world in 1998 and employs over 16,000 people across nine different countries. The website, WilliamHill.com, is offered in 21 languages, and is most influential first in the British market, and then in the Italian and Spanish markets. William Hill is also the official partner of the World Darts Championship and the Scottish FA CUP, as well as a sponsor supporting a number of greyhound races.
William Hill Bookmakers has top odds, a large number of betting markets with a variety of alternative selections, and some of the best football leagues in the world. People can watch the best sporting events in high definition and real time via their WHTV service. They also provide a radio service, which has live commentary and helpful information. For British bookies, Will Hill is on top for wagering on darts, horse races, and greyhounds. Will Hill offers a number of special bets for the Premier League and also have promotions for the English National Football team and more.
W Hill Bookmakers accepts most common payments methods (bank cards, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafe, etc.). Payouts often only take a few hours, and if individuals live in the UK, they can top off their accounts and withdraw from a number of William Hill betting shops.
Other than sports betting, the Will Hill website also offers Bingo, Casino, Live Casino, e-sports, Poker, Lottery and so much more. Players that want a bookmaker with an extra edge will also notice that Will Hill offers a number of exciting promotions, including monthly £10 free bets and £20 promotional codes for Sports and Casino Betting.
The minimum bet on William Hill’s website is:
- 3p for singles, doubles, trebles and multiple bets
- 1p for accumulator 4’s and above or the equivalent in an individual’s account currency.
The maximum stake is determined depending on the bet, but the maximum profit is €2,000,000.
William Hill Betting Offers
- Free Bet: Get a £30 free bet when signing up for a new account. With an initial bet of at least £10 William Hill will give a new free bet for the same amount, up to a max. of £30, once the bet is settled.
- William Hill Bingo: Bet £5 & receive a 500% Bonus up to £25. Will Hill Bingo is a lively online community, which offers the best in 75, 80 and 90-ball bingo.
- 15% Bonus on Winnings: Individuals can win a 15% bonus on top of their winnings if they back a horse that wins by at least two lengths on some UK and Irish horse races (including races on ITV). Bonus winnings are paid as free bets, and individuals can get a bonus of £100 max. to use within 4 days before expiring.
- Acca Five Insurance: Individuals can put a five-fold accumulator in selections with a price of 1/5 or more on any sport. If there is a single leg let down, Will Hill offers a return of these stakes (as a free bet up to £50).
- Enhanced Odds: Daily price enhancements are offered on a variety of markets across a wide range of sports.
- Best Odds Guaranteed: William Hill offers “best odds guaranteed” on horse racing, as well as Irish and English greyhound racing.
William Hill online casino review
William Hill Poker offers continuous tournaments, promotions, and a VIP Program for online poker players making it stand out as one of the top casino sites in the business. Great customer service and cutting-edge software provide each customer with a superb online experience, whether you are playing Blackjack, Roulette, or any of their quality games on offer. And all these online casino club games are available for desktop, mobile or laptop.
William Hill Poker site Review:
“9/10. One of the top guns for both casinos and sports betting. Live bets are just out of this world, their promotions cannot get any better and their site looks great.” Mike, UK, 02 July 2019
William Hill Odds and Markets
- 250+ markets on all major football matches
- Expansive ante-post lists on football, tennis and golf competitions
- Opportunities for horse race betting, including place only, match bets, without the favourite and more
- Correct score betting for one-on-one sports, including darts, tennis, and snooker
- Lottery betting with better returns/odds than lottery in question (Ex. New York and Irish Lottos)
William Hill Features
- Bet Calculator: Easy way to calculate winnings
- Podcasts: Latest sports podcasts available to listen to on demand
- William Hill Radio: A variety of radio stations with banter and tips
- Results Section: Constantly updated results
- Celebrity Blogs/Column: Famous names provide gossip and tips
- Live Streaming: Free live sports streaming to mobile and desktop
- Your Feedback: Where individuals can submit their suggestions
- Tip Advisor: Great sports tips, including football betting tips
- Betting TV: Watch US, Dubai, Australian and Indian racing, as well as RPGTV dogs for free every day
- Bet ‘In Play’: Large selection of in-running betting markets live
- ‘Cash In My Bets’ feature: Can cash in bets early with this option
- ‘Your Call’: Request a price for an outcome in a sporting event
Why choose William Hill
William Hill has a great reputation as one of most trustworthy bookmakers in the UK. They are a big player as far as responsible gambling companies go and have received top marks for customer safety online.
In the earlier days of online betting, being registered on William Hill’s website carried prestige in the betting scene. As a leading global brand, William Hill Bookmakers has retained its pride as a prestigious bookmaker due to its security, stability and reliability.
The William Hill £30 free bet offer gets customers in the door, and their great promotions and bonuses keep them coming back. With “Best Odds Guaranteed” and “Enhanced Odds” players get a great deal for their money.
The website itself offers everything that customers could want, and they take suggestions seriously for updates, which is noted in many of the William Hill reviews.
Some sites have called William Hill “Britain’s favourite bookmaker,” and with their betting markets, live betting options, wide range of local and common payment methods and average payout of 95.5%, it’s easy to see why.
- William Hill, alongside Racing Post, offers comprehensive horse racing for the UK and Ireland. They have links to race cards, with stats, trends and more.
- The icons for some of the other sports betting markets link back to football stats rather than what the customers are looking for.
- William Hill provides their customers with frequent previews, updates, and reports for major sports betting events. There is also a large archive of articles that has a great layout that helps you easily find all the relevant information.
- There is also a Podcast section that enables individuals to catch up on race commentaries.
Who founded William Hill Bookmakers?
William Hill Bookmakers was established in 1934. It first started as a behind-closed-doors telephone and postal betting business and has grown into one of the most trusted and best-known betting companies in the business.
Betting shops weren’t legalized until 1961 and when William Hill came into the High Street market in 1966, betting shops still had a bad reputation. As the rules changed over time, William Hill was able to offer more welcoming shops, which helped change the ideas around High Street betting. Today, William Hill can be found in eight different countries, with kiosks in some of the major casinos in the US, online betting in Italy, and retail betting shops in London.
In 2005 William Hill became the biggest bookmaker in the UK after it acquired Stanley Leisure PLC. In 2008 W Hill Bookmakers made a joint venture with Playtech, a leading software company. Together, they created William Hill Online, a leading online sports betting operator in the e-gaming industry.
How do I place a bet on William Hill?
Placing a Bet:
- Create/log into your account
- Choose selection and add it to bet slip (do this by clicking on price)
- Bet has been added when price colour changes to blue
- The icon on the bottom of the screen will now show a number 1 which indicates that a selection has been added to the slip
- Click “Join Now” and provide details (for new customers only)
- After registering, bet £10+
- Free bet will automatically be applied to your account
How long does William Hill take to pay out?
The amount of time to process withdrawals depends on the customer’s banking method, however, William Hill’s website provides the following information:
- With the Quick Cash method, withdrawal is instantaneous
- Requests for withdrawal will generally be processed in less than 72 hours
- The William Hill Prepaid Card receives funds immediately
- For ACH (eCheck), William Hill transfers funds immediately to customer’s bank, but it usually takes 2-3 banking days for funds to arrive in account
Does William Hill give free bets?
Yes, William Hill offers new customers a £30 free bet when they register for a new account. They also offer existing customers a number of bonuses and promotions.
- Free bet promotions are only available for residents of UK, Jersey, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, or Guernsey
- Cannot use Skrill, Neteller, Moneybookers or Paysafe for first-time deposit
- Must be 18+
Mobile Betting App Review
Constantly innovating their mobile betting and app services, William Hill stays competitive in the online betting industry. They have introduced a mobile-specific Casino and “Shake-A-Bet.” Their Java application is set up for modern mobile phones, with access to all commentaries and major betting markets. Along with Android users, iPhone owners also have a compatible app with exclusive Horseracing and Football apps.
“8/10. I started punting on William Hill back in 2004 and after having tried tens of other bookmakers, I keep returning to them. You’ll find the best coverage of horse races and endless promotions.” Josh, UK, 7 December 2016
Customer Service Review
“10/10. Wi“10/10. Will Hill is the best betting choice whatever sport you like to bet on. The best odds, live coverage, frequent promos and a helpful customer service.” Peter, 11 February, 2017