- Great quality of customer support
- Wide selection of markets, leagues, and sports
- Updated variety of games, from poker to bingo
- Amazing odds choice available on website
- Regulated and fully licensed by British, Irish and authorities worldwide
- 40 different sports options
- Cash out available
- Large payment method options
- Free and quick withdrawals
- The place to be for football fans to be part of the action
- Only sports welcome bonus available if qualifying bet loses
- Long navigation to current in-play bets
- Sportsbook and casino have low winning limits
- Website only in English
- Large number of country restrictions
- Streaming only available for some countries
- Limits at winnings are low
- Average odds
Name: Paddy Power
Type: Free Bet
Owner and License Holder: Paddy Power Betfair PLC
Year established: 1988
Online Since: 2000
Jurisdiction: United Kingdom, Malta, Alderney
Head Office Address: Paddy Power Betfair, Belfield Office Park, Beaver Row, Clonskeagh, Dublin 4
Languages: English, Spanish
Country restrictions: American Samoa, Aruba, Australia, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Cuba, Cyprus, DR Congo, Denmark, East Timor, France, Germany, Guadeloupe, Guam, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Latvia, Libya, Macao, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Netherlands, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, The Bahamas, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, USA, Vatican City
Ireland’s largest bookmaker, Paddy Power operates its betting shops in the United Kingdom, as well as the Republic of Ireland. On top of that, they offer Internet and telephone betting. The Paddy Power’s head office is located in Dublin, however, the Internet and telephone operations are licensed in the Isle of Man. Paddy Power PLC is represented on the London Stock Exchange.
Paddy Power has a chain of about 320 betting shops, with 210 of them located throughout Ireland. In 2009 Paddy Power expanded into the Australian market when it acquired a majority stake in Sportsbet, an Australian Internet and telephone bookmaker.
Paddy Power began in 1988 when three Irish retail bookmakers merged, and then continued to develop its betting business by acquiring various betting shops throughout the nineties. Paddy Power has since become renowned for its special betting offers, marketing, and competitive concessions.
In 1996 Paddy Power started its telephone betting service, and the following year the fully interactive paddypower.com betting service went live in Ireland. It then expanded into the UK in 2001.
As of 2002 Paddy Power opened a brand new series of betting shops in London. More recently, Paddy Power has expanded its UK retail shop into more areas of the UK, including Scotland.
By having a unique approach to gaming and betting with their humorous and cutting-edge advertising, Paddy Power has been successful in accomplishing its mission of making “risk-based entertainment” more fun and accessible.
Minimum stake deposit is usually a charge of £/€0.10. This can change depending on the market.
Regular Deposit Options:
- Step 1: Open the drop-down window by clicking the small arrow by main balance display
- Step 2: Click on “Deposit” next to “Main Wallet” option
- Step 3: On payment page, select from available cards with the drop-down menu or click “Add new card”
- Step 4: After choosing your payment option, enter the CV2 number and then the desired deposit amount, clicking “Deposit” to finish
Paddy Power Betting Offers
As a welcome reward after joining Paddy Power, individuals can bet £10 and claim £20 back from sports money in cash if the first bet loses on a same game multi option. To do this, register a new account and then deposit, bet £10 on any selection in the Sportsbook, and you will be able to collect your money in cash if it loses.
T&C’s apply; for new customers only.
How to Get the Paddy Power Welcome Bonus
- Go to Paddy Power and click on the “CLAIM YOUR £20 NOW!” button
- Go to “REGISTER NOW” and enter your detail along with the Promo Code YSKA46
- Deposit minimum charge of £10 on Sportsbook bet with Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
- Receive max of £20 worth of risk free bets money back in CASH if it loses
Paddy Power Odds and Markets
Through Paddy Power there is quick and easy access to thousands of betting markets including live in-play odds. The website offers a good variety of special and novelty bets on everything – from politics to reality TV.
Paddy Power covers all the major sports, from football (with access to leagues from all around the world) to minor sports such as cycling, badminton, darts, and anything in between.
With Paddy Power being the leading Irish bookmaker, individuals can also place bets on Irish sports, such as hurling.
Paddy Power Features
- In-Play – Live betting odds from all the best Sportsbook events, including a variety of in-play prices and markets, with football, golf, horse racing, boxing, tennis, virtual racing and more.
- Cash Out – Control Live Bets and Cash Out prior to the game ending, or use the multiple betting option to secure profits with Paddy Power’s cash out service.
- Live Sports Streaming – Everyone can now watch TV and bet in one place, with Paddy Power now offering Racing Post Greyhound TV. This offer is free for mobile and can be used to back up live streaming of all major sporting matches and pre-matches like tennis and football.
- Customizing Bet Slip multiples – The Paddy Power Bet Slip allows individuals to automatically see their exotic, multiple, and pool betting options, but also single and each way bets. Great option for the Paddy Power free bet!
- Paddy Power Cash Card Plus – Access winnings instantly by getting Paddy Power Cash from ATMs. A safe and secure way to purchase everyday items, bet, and top up from the Paddy Power Cash Card Plus.
Why choose Paddy Power
Paddy Power is not only known for their outstanding advertising campaigns and humorous banter, but also for being one of the best bookmakers when it comes to customer safety, regulation, and licensing. They may appear to be the cheeky choice, however, they have been fully regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
With the recent merger with Betfair, one of the largest business-to-business deals in this sector, Paddy Power has amped up its safety to be second-to-none. When it comes to data, Paddy Power and Betfair combined have become a serious contender in the betting business.
Paddy Power receives high ratings and great reviews across the board when it comes to their trustworthiness and safety.
Along with a large amount of financials and Sportsbook betting, Paddy Power offers a Casino, a Live Casino, Bingo, Poker, and games with free bet offers for first time customers in each section. In 2016, their mobile casino was renovated, so the platform is more accessible. The mobile app is available for all devices, and is a great way to enjoy their games.
- ACCA insurance:
Paddy Power offers individuals an ACCA 5+ Fold Insurance, which ensures that if a game in the accumulator fails, individuals receive their stake as a free bet.
- Finding out about Free Bet Balance:
Near the My Account option, individuals can log into their account and take a look if they have a free bet or not by looking at their free bet balance.
- Receiving a Free Bet by making an initial Bet:
To receive exclusive sign-up offers, individuals need to make an initial bet deposit. Example: for the bet10get30 offer, the players need to first bet £10 in order to receive the £20 risk-free bet.
- Payment Methods accepted for a Bet:
Customer can deposit money for a stake using credit or debit cards, PayPal, Neteller, bank transfers, Skrill, Moneybookers, PaySafeCard, Cash Card, or Cash Card Plus.
Who owns Paddy Power Bookmakers?
When Paddy Power first started in 1988, it was comprised of three Irish bookmakers that merged by combining the 40 betting shops they had at the time into the larger Paddy Power Company. They operated over 350 betting shops and became the third biggest online bookmaker, as well as the sixth biggest online gaming business throughout Britain and Ireland. Paddy Power then went on to merge with Betfair and also acquired a large stake in the Australian bookmaker site – sportsbet.com.au.
Today, Paddy Power is Ireland’s biggest bookmaker, and the company is owned by Paddy Power Betfair PLC, falling under the parent company of Flutter Entertainment PLC.
How do I place a bet on Paddy Power?
Placing a bet with Paddy Power can be done in the following steps:
- Step 1. On the Paddy Power homepage, there is a list of categories for individuals to choose from and place a bet in.
- Step 2. After choosing the category, players can decide what market, race, or fixture they would like to place their bet in.
- Step 3. When the bet is decided on, click the “Odds” button.
- Step 4. After clicking on the chosen bet, click on “betslip.”
- Step 5. This screen has a place for individuals to add the stake for their bet.
- Step 6. After entering the desired stake, click “Place bets” to complete placing your bet.
How long does it take for Paddy Power process your payout?
- General Pay Outs: Depending on method of payment, withdrawals can take anywhere from 1 to 5 days.
- Credit/debit card: 2-3 working days to reach account. May take up to 5 days due to bank processing times. *Some visa cards offer instant withdrawals; terms and conditions apply. *
- Bank transfer: 1-5 days to reach account.
- PayPal, Neteller, Skrill: Up to 24 hours depending on busy periods.
- Free Bets: Credited the following Monday after qualifying week, by 12pm. *Some restrictions apply for use of free bets in market after credit received. *
Does Paddy Power give Free Bets?
Paddy Power offers first time customers a £20 bonus if their first stake is £10 or more. Accounts credited with these free bets can be used for any selection and expire 30 days after being claimed.
*Offer is not available for deposits made via Skrill or Neteller. *
Free Bet Rules:
- Qualifying bets accepted on any sport as long as odds, or combined odds, are ½ (1.5) or more
- Gaming bets are not part of this promotion; sports, fantasy, virtual, and lotteries only
- Not possible to use fully or partially cashed-out bets
- Void or contingency bets do not qualify
- Not possible to place multiple bets on the same selection
- Not possible to use takes from free bets for further free bets
- Pool or tote bets are not included
- Winnings do not include free bet stake
Paddy Power Mobile App Review
“8/10. Love the fast live chat response and variety of bets especially on horse racing and football. Never had a problem with deposits and withdrawals and the payouts are great.” – David, 23 October 2019
Customer Service Reviews
Paddy Power is ranked 3rd out of 56 bookmakers because of their high level of customer service.
Read the positive comments below:
“5 stars. Excellent, fast, live chat service in particular” – Springy, United Kingdom, 24 March 2017
“4.5 stars. Really like Paddy Power, the ticket prices are there to suit everyone’s pocket, from penny bingo, just hoping they will fetch tourney back.” Mandy, 28 September 2018, Bingo Review
“4 stars. Ok you can bet on all major international events and horse racing and dog racing. They also cover many events other bookies won’t touch.” Mannie, Sweden, 09 December 2013