- Great selection of betting markets
- Easy to place a bet in only 3 actions
- App provides same design as the desktop site
- Many price boosts every day
- The Grid loyalty scheme for customers
- Platform is attractive and easy to use
- Not as many sports markets for app as for desktop site
- Could have more payment method options
Year established: 1886
Online Since: 2000
Jurisdiction: Gibraltar, UK
Head Office Address: Imperial House, Imperial Drive, Rayners Lane, Harrow, London HAZ 7JW, United Kingdom
Languages: Belgian, English, German, Swedish
Allowed countries: Argentina, Barbados, Belarus, Croatia, Germany (except in Hessen & Schleswig-Holstein states), Ghana, Gibraltar, Lebanon, Isle of Man, Jersey, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Republic of Ireland, Seychelles, Tanzania, United Kingdom
Ladbrokes is one of the oldest in the betting game, and has a record for being the longest running betting operation in the UK. The business was established in 1886 by Messrs Pendleton and Schwind, who were commissioners for trained horses at the Ladbroke Hall in Worcestershire. In 1902 the name Ladbrokes was adopted, and in 1963 Ladbrokes started their retail chain after legislation changed to allow betting shops. Ladbrokes was also the first company that had football betting with fixed odds.
In 2000, Ladbrokes.com was launched and quickly moved into the ranks for one of the busiest UK betting websites. Both online and through their retail presence, this bookmaker continues to work hard at improving their betting services. Part of this improvement comes from them rebranding their image, and their marketing campaign called the “Ladbrokes Life,” along with the appointment of chief executive Jim Mullen. This led to an increased growth for the company, as well as an increase in their popularity. The company has nearly 1 million online players over four continents, and a staff of 14,000+ employees.
Ladbrokes International PLC also made the decision to merge with previous rivals, Coral Gala Group. The merger was worth £2+ billion and was approved of by The UK Competition and Markets Authority. By coming together, the companies decided to join forces to offer responsible gambling products to customers in the UK and around the world.
- Minimum deposit: £5
- Minimum Stake: £0.10
- Maximum Win: £1,000,000
Ladbrokes Betting Offers
- Welcome Offer: Ladbrokes generous new customer offer gives new players up to £20 in free bets, after they bet at least £5 using the promo code “20FREE”.
- 5 Team Acca Insurance: If a team in the football acca is a let down, players can receive a return of their stakes up to £25.
- Daily Price Boosts: Price boosts to enhance player’s winnings for some horses and teams. Ladbrokes promotions page shows the latest daily boosts.
- Best Odds Guaranteed Plus: Customers are paid out a higher price than the SP for the winning horse in a race if they have taken a shorter price than what the eventual SP is. This guarantee ensures players get the best odds.
- Cheltenham Betting Offers: Ladbrokes offers NRNB for several of the Cheltenham races.
How to Get the Bonus on Ladbrokes
- Register a new account
- Use promo code “20FREE”
- Make a £5+ bet on a selection of at least 1.5 (1/2 odds)
- Free bet of 4x£5 (£20) will be credited to account after the qualifying bet has been settled
Ladbrokes Odds and Markets
This bookmaker’s pre-match odds prices are not the highest, as they don’t offer players great odds for more popular sports. They do offer very competitive numbers; however, that put them in the top five for selected sports. Ladbrokes football pre-match odds are around 95%. Horse racing pre-match odds are 87.58% and tennis odds are 95.88%. For live odds, this bookmaker is more competitive with nearly 94% for football and basketball, which are considered quite high when compared with other prices on the market.
Ladbrokes offers odds for more than 30 sports, as well as non-sports markets like TV specials and politics. Ladbrokes displays their odds for customers as fractions or decimals, which can be adjusted in their settings.
Overall, Ladbrokes does not gain a top spot for high odds levels, but they do ensure that customers will always receive competitive odds in the different categories they offer.
- Live Streaming: Live sports available to watch while betting, even if players are out and on the move
- In-Play Betting: Wide variety of live in-running betting markets
- Bet Calculator: Lets players calculate how much they could win
- Bet Finder Feature: Players can type in criteria to find all the possible matching bets
- Shop Locator: Finding the closest Ladbrokes betting shop is easy with this feature
- Form, Stats and Predictions: Tools to help players find winners
- Results Section: Comprehensive service for sports results
- A Betting Exchange: Use the Ladbrokes betting exchange for Back or Lay
- Easy Access to Casino: Quickly change between Casino, Bingo, Poker and Sports
- Live Chat/Assistance: Little to no waiting for assistance
Why choose Ladbrokes
Ladbrokes has made the cut for top operators for the UK betting market. Though they don’t have the highest odds, overall they make up for this in other areas, and qualify as a high quality bookmaker.
Their website is both aesthetically pleasing and user friendly, so customers can easily navigate the site and access thousands of pre-match and in-play markets along with a great selection of sports and competitions from all over the world. The Grid customer loyalty offer, with its sleek mobile app and daily price boosts, is a big reason why Ladbrokes has held on to their top UK bookmaking status for such a long time.
Aside from their popular betting app, which any modern bookie needs to keep customers happy, Ladbrokes also has a good balance of promotions and generous prices to make them a fun and fair bookmaker to play with. They have a great sign up offer, an extensive presence in the retail sphere, and top security for their online site. Overall, punters can’t go wrong choosing Ladbrokes for their gaming services and sports betting, which is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- The Grid: With the Grid benefit experience, players have access to great offers and perks, including free bets, the chance to win prizes and other great features. In-house players will receive points every time they bet which go towards prizes. The Grid app for mobile devices is similar to the Sports app and allows customers to use all of the features for One Ladbrokes.
- Changing player image: Players are able to change their table image with ladbrokes.com new table. They can choose from the Ladbrokes library images or upload their own image from their device. To do this, players can go to settings in the poker lobby.
*Image cannot be changed for the classic table
- Ladbrokes Poker secure playing: Ladbrokes Poker uses top notch poker-specific security features to ensure that all players are protected from any undesirable activity, such as collusion/team play. Games are continuously monitored by Ladbrokes with live support and automatic systems.
*Players can contact Ladbrokes if they suspect anyone of violating site regulations
Who owns Ladbrokes?
Ladbrokes originated in 1886, and it’s online presence started in 2000. Ladbrokes is a British gaming and sports group that is owned by GVC Holdings PLC, which is a multi-national group that operates a number of retail and online channels.
Ladbrokes is a favoured bookmaker in the UK, Belgium, Spain and Ireland. Ladbrokes is licensed and regulated by both The UK Gambling Commission and The Gibraltar Gambling Commission. Their website is compliant with all of the Gambling Commission rules and regulations. The bookmaker is also licensed and regulated online in Australia, Belgium and Spain.
How do I place a bet on Ladbrokes?
- Choose bet by clicking on odds button next to betting market
- Ensure bet selection is right and type wager amount into empty box
- Confirm wager by clicking “Place Bet”
How long does Ladbrokes take to pay out?
Ladbrokes accepts the following payment methods: Bank Transfer, Giropay, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Paypal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, Sofort, Trustly.
Generally, bank transfers and cards take a few days to reach customer’s accounts, but depending on the bank’s processing time, it could take up to 5 days.
- Credit/Debit card: 1-2 Banking Days
- Bank Transfer: 1-2 Banking Days
- PayPal: Within 3 hours
- Worldpay: 1-2 Banking Days
* Contact customer services for withdrawal requests of less than £5
Does Ladbrokes give free bets?
Yes, Ladbrokes offers a great new customer free bet as well as other many other promotions for continued customers. They often have daily free bets, featured bets, as well as specific bets for races. By checking out their promotions page, customers can see what the current free bet offers are.
Ladbrokes Mobile App Review
Along with their easy-to-use, first rate desktop site, Ladbrokes also has an attractive and streamlined mobile app that is just as accessible as their full site. Through the mobile betting, punters have a great range of betting markets and payment options, as well as the added “Edit my Acca” quick bet tool.
The mobile app also has a large range of top quality live streaming. Betfred is also known for this service, but Ladbrokes is the only other app that also offers live sports streaming that is comparable to that on their full website.
The app can be downloaded on Windows, Android and Apple devices and has a great aesthetic regardless of what tablet or mobile device the customer is using.
“8/10. Overall, we feel as though the Ladbrokes mobile app managed to perform extremely well and rack-up an impressive eight points out a possible ten in the final ratings. The range of live streams, the superior navigation, and the super-fast bet placement were the areas where the operator particularly stood out, and despite not having as many sports market options or payment options as the full desktop site, the app still tended to the vast majority of our betting needs.” bestbettingsites.uk
“Ladbrokes.com is a great place to bet and that fun extends to placing wagers and watching the live action unfold on the excellent Ladbrokes mobile betting app.” freebets.com
Customer Service Review
Ladbrokes takes great pride in their excellent customer service for good reason. They offer customers a number of ways to contact their support team and are quick to answer regardless of the issue.
Customers can call, email or live chat. Emails are usually responded to within 24 hours, and telephones are answered 24/7. With the live chat option for more urgent issues, customers receive an almost immediate response.
“8/10. After having numerous dealings with the live chat team, we can confirm that in the overwhelming majority of occasions, the operatives were friendly, quick to respond, and extremely helpful even when faced with some rather challenging questions. Even when the site is experiencing a high volume of calls, the live chat window is quick to load, so you normally won’t have to wait more than a few minutes until you’re connected with a customer agent.” bestbettingsites.uk