- Easy for players to start a new account
- Great variety of markets and sports offered
- Regulations and licenses are up-to-date
- Welcome bonus requires too many steps to complete
- In comparison competitors have better odds
- In-play events also don't compare to that of other market leaders
Year established: 1989
Online Since: 2001
Jurisdiction: Gibraltar, UK
Head Office Address: Suite 2B, 143 Main Street, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar
Country restrictions: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Gabon, Germany, Greece, Guyana, Holland, Hongkong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Korea (North and South), Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Reunion, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Turkey, UAE 7 Kingdoms, Uganda, USA, Vatican City, Yemen, Zimbabwe
John Boyle founded BoyleSports in Ireland in 1989. The business is still privately owned and has continued to grow since its inception, so that the bookmaker can now boast of over 300 betting shops in the UK and Republic of Ireland. They also employ around 2500 people in these countries.
In addition to the online betting site that many bookmakers offer, BoyleSports also has a telephone betting system called “Fon a Bet.” For their online gaming, BoyleSports offers Casino, Bingo, Poker and Games with Finsoft software.
As BoyleSports has expanded they have made agreements with high profile sponsorships, which has not only increased their overall profile, but also bolstered their brand beyond Ireland. Nevertheless, the bookmaker continues to be committed to Irish sports and has sponsored several big Irish events, including their Fairyhouse Grand National, the jumps race, the Greyhound Derby which takes place at Shelbourne Park, and the Champion Chase for the Punchestown Festival.
BoyleSports prides itself on training their employees to the best standards possible to ensure that they can offer the highest level of customer service and best experience throughout Ireland and beyond. They also invest continually in their website and mobile app so their customers have the best service online as well.
- Minimum deposit: £/€0.10
- Maximum payout per day: £/€500,000
BoyleSports Betting Offers
As with many bookmakers, BoyleSports offers daily and weekly promotions for new and returning customers. Many of these promotions are given to customers as free bets and all current offers can bee seen on the bookmaker’s promotions page, as well as terms and conditions.
- New Customer Free Bet: Make a bet of at least £/€10 with odds of 2.0 or more and receive £/€40 overall – £/€30 as a Free Bet with Sportsbook and £/€10 as a Casino Bonus.
- Horse Racing: Players can receive extra places for horse races.
- Best Odds Guarantee: Promise of best odds for Irish and UK horse races, as well as BAGS greyhound races.
- Acca 5+ Insurance: If one of the legs in any in-play or pre-live sport loses, players are given their money back via free bets.
- Fair Play Money Back: Players are guaranteed their money back if their horse does not start.
How to Get the Bonus on BoyleSports
- Click on “Bet Now”
- Click on the “Sign Up” button
- Make a deposit of £/€10 after completing registration
- Make qualifying bet to be credited with free bet
BoyleSports Odds and Markets
BoyleSports offers a best odds guarantee for all of their Irish and UK horse races, as well as their BAGS greyhound races. This helps keep them in competition with other bookmakers even though their odds do not come out on top in comparison. Bets placed at their terminals are also settled with the odds that the terminal offers when the bet is made.
With over 30 sports for players to bet on, BoyleSports offers a greater number of markets than many of their better known bookmaker rivals. Their commitment to Irish sports means they offer early prices for some Irish races, as well as betting for Futsal, Hurling, GAA Football and Irish horse racing. They also offer a range of sports from around the world including UFC/MMA and Badminton.
- Bet Calculator: Players can easily determine their potential winnings
- In-Play Betting: As the action is unfolding players can bet live
- Live Betting Diary: Players can stay informed on future sports events
- Betting News: Blog written by big names
- Shop Locator: Find the closest betting shop for this bookmaker
- Deposit/Withdrawal Methods: All the expected payment and withdrawal methods and more
- Cash Out Facility: Option to cash in bets earlier if desired
- Live Streaming: Live sports available for all mobile devices and desktops
- Customer Support: Easy to access live chat for customer assistance
- Daily Specials: Continual promotions for many sports including horse racing
- Tote Pool Betting: Option to access the on-course Tote pools
Why choose BoyleSports
With over 30 sports for players to bet on and a wide range of markets, BoyleSports stays in the competition even if they might offer less in other areas than rival bookmakers. They focus on Irish sports, but also offer a plethora of global options to keep all of their customers happy.
BoyleSports has a great help section along with their quick response live support that is available 24/7. They also have a number of different ways for individuals to deposit and withdraw when betting. Their website is top notch with great features and is easy to navigate for new and returning customers.
This bookmaker offers a wider range of betting opportunities in comparison with its rivals, with features that include their betting news section as well as multiple ways to bet. The news section is updated constantly and has a blog from Robbie Power, a racehorse trainer who is up-and-coming in the sport. Players can bet multiple ways on greyhound and horse races, including forecast, traditional each way and tricasts, and can also wager on match bets, winning distances and more.
With all of this, and continual promotions for regular players that include free bets and draw entry tickets for VIP prizes to go on trips to international sporting events like an NFL game or the F1 Grand Prix, customers have a lot to keep them coming back to bet with BoyleSports.
- Void Settlement: If a void settlement happens, a player’s stake will be returned to them. Players can see why their bet is void under their bet confirmation, as well as by looking at the rules section for the relevant sport.
- Rule 4 Deduction: This deduction happens throughout the industry and applies to each 1.0 units of any currency that has been won. Bookmakers offering odds on events expect that all players who have signed up will be participating. If someone withdraws than this rule is applied because of the reduced number of competitors. The deduction size depends on the odds from the participant that withdrew. For example, if the odds were shorter than the Rule 4 deduction will be larger.
- Bet Calculator: The calculator allows players to enter their bet details with all prices and rule deductions or dead heats, so they can see their possible return, which is shown at the bottom right of the screen.
Who owns BoyleSports?
BoyleSports was founded by John Boyle in 1989 and continues to be the largest independent bookmaker in Ireland. After working as the CEO for a few decades, Boyle’s son-in-law, Conor Gray, took over as the new chief of the business. Gray himself had been working for BoyleSports for over 16 years before taking the reins.
The bookmaker is licensed and regulated by both The Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, as well as The UK Gambling Commission, and ensures that its website is compliant with all of the Gambling Commission rules and regulations.
The registered address for the bookmaker is located in Gibraltar, but their headquarters continue to be located in Ireland, in Dundalk.
How do I place a bet on BoyleSports?
- Sign in and choose selection from website
- Betslip will show selection on top right of screen
- Input stake and determine whether to add each way or multiple bet
- Click on “Place Bet”
How long does BoyleSports take to pay out?
Though payments may not reach individual’s accounts for 3-5 business days, depending on player’s banking preferences, BoyleSports attempts to process all requested payments within 24 hours. This quick time frame is offered through their Same Day Withdrawal service, which is a technology the bookmaker developed in efforts to get player’s funds to them as quickly as possible. For those eligible for this withdrawal service, BoyleSports works on getting funds into player’s accounts in as little as a few hours.
Note: The Same Day Withdrawal service is currently only available for those with a EUR visa/debit card. This card is issued by the Bank of Ireland, AIB and Permanent TSB.
Does BoyleSports give free bets?
Yes, players can opt-in to BoyleSports many different free bets and promotions. Some free bets are offered by the bookmaker for specific markets, and others can be used on whatever market the player chooses. Most of their free bet tokens require a qualifying bet in order to receive them, and then players will be notified if they meet the terms and conditions to receive the free bet. To view available bets, players can check their “My Account” and look under their main balance.
BoyleSports Mobile App Review
BoyleSports has created an app that is compatible for both iPhones and Androids and is easy for players to navigate, with quick deposits and withdrawals as well as one-touch betting. If players don’t want to download the app for any reason, the bookmaker has also made their website easy to access on multiple browsers, but individuals will find that none of the features available on the desktop version are missing from the app. All of the promotions and free bets that BoyleSports offers are available to players on all platforms.
Highlights on the app include access to the “Data-Visualization” feature, with real-time information and statistics on multiple sports, as well as spotlights for all Irish and UK horse racing via Racing Post. Players also have access to BoyleSport’s unique direct betting for the Irish Tote, which includes their mobile one-wallet system, so that betters can easily go from wagering on the casino to wagering on sports.
Customer Service Review
With live help available on all of their pages, which provides players with 24/7 live chat for any issues, BoyleSports ensures that individuals have access to someone to answer any questions around the clock. On top of this, they also have a search engine that has built-in knowledge to usefully assist clients. The FAQ section has answers to many common problems, and the “Help Centre” page provides answers to individuals regarding their account, rules on betting, promotions, security, gambling products, the online casino and more.
If one of the pages or online chat support aren’t what customers are looking for, the bookmaker also has email support, or players can call in via telephone. BoyleSports typically responds to emails in less than 24 hours, and the telephone service is offered as a free of charge service for any customers calling within the UK.
“For all the issues where you require immediate assistance we advise using live chat. In most cases you’ll be connected with a friendly agent in a just a few moments, and they always strive to solve your query as efficiently as possible. For some of the more technical queries you may be better off contacting the email support team as some issues require the services of a more specialised department.”