- Number of ways to win
- Part of a large betting company
- Fully regulated, licensed and secure for users
- Event pages have a large amount of information to help with betting
- Odds are the same as other Kambi Sport bookmakers
- Must place a qualifying bet to view horse racing streaming
- Novice punters may find site a bit confusing
Name: 888 Sport
Owner and License Holder: 888 Holdings Plc/ Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd
Year established: 1997
Online Since: 2008
Head Office Address: Gibraltar based companies: Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd, 601-701 Europort, Gibraltar
Malta based companies: Level G, Quantum House, 75, Abate Rigord St., Ta’ Xbiex, XBX 1120, Malta
Languages: English, German, French, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish
Country restrictions: Afghanistan, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cuba, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Macao, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Thailand, Turkey, USA
In 1997, 888 Sport was founded and has grown to be one of the top online betting and gaming experiences in this market. This bookmaker, which launched online in 2008, offers separate poker, casino and live casino platforms for customers, which has attracted players from around the world.
With their head office based in Gibraltar, 888 Sport has 25 million players from all over the world. It’s listed on the London Stock Exchange and has operations in thirteen countries providing seventeen different languages for users. Their yearly net income is £1 million, and with their movement into the online world over the last decade, their company has increased in strength and notoriety.
888 Sport has won many awards, and not just for their sportsbook merits. Noteworthy institutions have awarded them with “Operator of the Year” and “Socially Responsible Operator of the Year.” Along with these accolades, 888 Sport has signed deals with the World Snooker Championship, the World Grand Prix and the Premier League Darts tournament.
This bookmaker also offers a great selection of bonuses and free bets, thousands of pre-match and in-play betting markets, live streaming, and low-stakes easy-to-play bingo games. Punters interested in sports and gaming in a variety of formats from all around the world are offered a well-rounded gambling experience with 888 Sport.
- Minimum deposit: £10
- Minimum Stake: £0.10
- Maximum Win: £250,000
888 Sport Betting Offers
- Sign-up Welcome Offer: After registering as a new customer, 888 Sport gives new players £40 to play on any sports market. Players must deposit £10 and use the promo code “RACING”.
- Big Bet Bounty: This bonus promotion gives players up to €2,000 in 888 Sport bonus offers every week. It includes 10 bonus prizes with a first prize of €888.
- Double Winnings at Wimbledon: During Wimbledon, if players place 5 live bets through 888 Sports, they receive a 100% “Profit Boost Token” the following day.
- Acca Saver: If a player’s racing/dog/footy acca decreases by one, players will receive a return of their stake.
*Minimum bet of £2; maximum refund of £25
- Formula One Profit Overdrive: Players who bet on the F1 Qualifiers can receive a “Profit Boost Token” to use on the main race. Token provides a 25% boost for player’s winnings.
- Money-back Specials: Players can receive refunds as bonuses if their horse is beaten in a race by a head or less.
- Faller Insurance: If a players horse falls they can receive up to £25 money back as a free bet.
How to Get the Bonus on 888 Sport
- Register a new account
- Put a minimum of £10 on any market with odds 1/2+ (1.5)
- Use the promo code “RACING”
- Receive £40 free bet for any sports market
*Virtual Sports excluded
888 Sport Odds and Markets
Overall, 888 Sport has very competitive pre-match odds. They don’t have a top spot for any specific sport, but for most sports their prices are in the higher range, with 97.59% for football. They offer over 30 sports online, including popular and unconventional sports, like surfing, netball, pesapallom, yachting and cyclo-cross.
They offer several odds formats, including decimal, fractional and American, and have multiple betting options for popular sports like football and horse racing. The odds for these sports’ options are fair as well.
888 Sport Features
- 30+ Sports Available: Including favourites and more obscure sports
- Live Horse Racing Streaming: Customers that bet only £1 can view races live at 888 sport online
- Daily Enhanced Specials: Regular price boosts for football and horses
- Weekly Free Bet Offers: Large number of money back specials and competitions
- Betting Blogs: Pundits and celebs offer expert analysis
- Convenient “Bet Search”: Makes picking bets easy to pinpoint
- Big Bet Bounty: Competition with €2,000 to win
- In-Play Betting: Trade and bet as action unfolds for live sport
- 888Sports Betting Guide: Great tips for beginners
- Emma Spencer Racing Column: Blog from the racing presenter
- Bet Calculator: Available for players to figure out all of their winnings
- Live Greyhound Racing: For seeing live dog racing, even if the greyhounds are on the move
Why choose 888 Sport
888 Sport has numerous features that make it attractive for players, including a unique welcome bonus, a user-friendly platform for their mobile app, and a live infographic for their in-play arena. They also offer great features for their bet slip and extra bonuses to keep existing customers happy. This bookmaker ensures that their promotions are easy to access and use, and their customer service is also available for players who need it.
Overall, 888 Sport has enough to offer for current users and continues to improve its service, which will likely make it one of the top sports betting sites in the coming years.
- VIP: An 888 Sport VIP has access to exclusive promotions, larger bonuses, exciting tech and gadgets, and tickets to some of the best sporting events. On top of this, VIPs also get a personal account manager. VIPs have received box seats for Premier League football matches, tickets for the Cheltenham Racecourse and a meet and greet with football legend Pele.
- Profit Boost Token: Similar to Free Bet tokens, Profit Boost tokens are credited to customer’s accounts and can be used by players to increase the odds on their betslip. Ex. If a player receives a Profit Book Token and puts a bet on Evens for 1/1, their odds will be boosted by 100%, and they will they will be paid out at 2/1.
- Betting Calculator: The 888 Sport betting calculator helps players figure out how much their bet will pay. The calculator works for single and multiple bets, as well as having an each way bet and lucky 15 bet calculator.
- Receiving the Welcome Bonus with PayPal: 888 Sport does not allow players to deposit using PayPal, Skrill or Neteller and receive the welcome bonus.
- Qualifying time for Welcome Bonus: After registering for a new account, customers have 30 days to make a deposit and receive the welcome bonus for their first bet.
- Cash out option: This option is only available on some single live bets. If an odds price in a live betting market has a small white arrow attached to it, then there will be a drop-down menu connected to it showing the available cash out price and indicating that the cash out option is offered.
Who owns 888 Sport?
888 Sport was established in 1997 with its online component beginning in 2008. The bookmaker’s head office moved to Gibraltar in 2005 following the application and approval for their gaming license in Gibraltar in 2003. The company is also listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Their online site is partnered with Blue Square, which has long been a part of the online betting scene in the UK. The website was launched under the 888 Group which is owned by 888 Holdings Plc, and is operated by Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.
888 Sport has targeted the Scandinavian and European online markets, and has licenses through the Great Britain Gambling Commission, as well as digital services through Malta. The bookies’ betting products are operated by 888 Ireland Limited, with licenses through the Ireland Revenue Commissioner.
How do I place a bet on 888 Sport?
- Choose the event/sport to bet on
- A variety of markets to choose from will show
- Click on odds and add stake to bet slip
- “Potential Returns” will display calculated potential payout
- Click on “Place Bet” button to confirm stake
- Bet receipt will show bet placed
*Bets place will show on “Betting History” (all, open and settled bets)
*Bets cannot be changed once placed
How long does 888 Sport take to pay out?
888 Sport is active in 13+ countries and has 25+ million customers, so this bookmaker offers a large variety of payment methods for users. Most withdrawals take about three business days, though Gold VIP casino clients may receive withdrawals in only one business day.
During this 1-3 day processing time, customers can cancel their request from the cashier so the money returns to their account for future betting. Once the request has been changed to “processed”, it cannot be canceled.
- Credit/debit cards: 3-8 days
- Neteller/Skrill/Paypal: 1-5 days
- Wire Transfer: 4-10 days
Does 888 Sport give free bets?
Yes, 888 Sport offers free bets in a variety of values, and issues them through a wide range of the bookie’s promotions. They offer free bet tokens for both new and existing customers.
Free bets are offered with some restrictions, including which sports/markets they can be used for, but these will be provided with the conditions of the offer. Free bets are credited to player’s accounts under the “Rewards” section.
Free bets tokens can be placed as a normal bet along with clicking the “Free Bet” box, though players will only receive the profit from the bet.
For example, if an individual places a £10 free bet token at Evens (1/1), they will receive £10 total. See the site for full details.
Mobile App Review
888 Sport provides an easy to use and navigate app available 24/7 for iPhone, Android and other mobile devices. Customers can access multiple offers, including the “Treble the Odds” bonus welcome offer for new customers. The app has an a-z sports list similar to the desktop site, and the tournaments and leagues, payment options and promotions offered are just as great as those on the full site.
“Open for business 24/7 you are spoiled for choice with this palm-of-the-hand app which is, like the desktop version of 888sport, no-nonsense and a breeze to use.” freebets.com
“4.7/5. After having made some pretty drastic changes to the full desktop site in recent months, 888sport have decided to follow suit and give their mobile betting site a fresh new look. In terms of its similarity to the main desktop version, the mobile sportsbook still retains the same user-friendly, intuitive style navigation, and the vast majority of sports markets and promotions have remained intact.” bestbettingsites.uk
Customer Service Review
This bookmaker offers a comprehensive help section for individuals to resolve a variety of issues. The help section has different sections that have been well designed and organized for users to easily and quickly find the answer they’re looking for. If individuals are unable to find exactly what they are looking for in the sections, there is also a word-specific search bar located at the top of the page.
888 Sport also added a live chat feature to their customer service, which is important with the increase of gambling online. For more technical queries, their email service provides responses within 24 hours, and their telephone support can be accessed from 9am-10pm. The live chat feature is offered 7 days a week from 9am-12pm.
“7/10. Another one of the new and improved features of the customer care service is the inclusion of the live chat feature. It was a little disappointing to see that there wasn’t a system put in place in which customers could get immediate assistance to issues that aren’t covered in the help section. It is for this reason that we’re especially pleased that the bookie have got themselves up to speed and allowed their customers to benefit from the one-to-one live customer support service.” bestbettingsites.uk